Walee is the fastest growing influencer marketing platform and looking to enter financial services. This role is responsible for managing the company’s corporate, legal affairs & compliance and rendering assistance in advising on legal viability of various business transactions, negotiation of contracts, banking & regulatory affairs, criminal law & intelligence and global corporate structuring matters.
The role includes carrying out the legal analysis, expressing opinions, examining, scrutinising, and drafting Legal Documents, advising and strategizing legal actions for the Company. Identify and advise on the structuring of the agreements, creation of security, collateralization, legal remedies, and evaluate options to address regulatory, commercial, banking, corporate, labor, and financial matters.
- The position demands a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with demonstrated experience and leadership skills well-versed with applicable corporate laws & practices.
- Review and draft various commercial agreements such as software subscription agreements, professional services agreements, partnership agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other agreements based on business needs.
- Collaborate with the company general counsel and management team in the areas of dispute resolution, pre-litigation, and litigation matters.
- Ensure effective liaison with all law enforcement agencies, external bodies, and Government Authorities with regards to Company’s legal matters.
- Work closely with the sales organisation, support organisation, and other departments to ensure a timely processing of contracts and commercial agreements.
- Effectively perform due diligence and risk mitigation activities and representation of the company at all legal forums.
- Assist various internal departments with legal advice and support when necessary.
- Ensuring compliance of letters, complaints, Court Orders, Summons, SROs/Instructions received from various government departments and regulatory authorities.
- Be a linking factor to directors, shareholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Present and provide legal insights on business matters in board meetings.
- Represent the organisation before various government departments, including ensuring compliance obligations.
- Build Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) around legal compliances.
- Engage outside (external) legal counsel on a case by case (and as is required) basis.
Qualification: LLM / Bar-at-Law LLB from an HEC recognized university/foreign university. Candidates with LLM in corporate law will have an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant corporate sector experience of handling legal matters in a reputable organization including 03 years at senior managerial role.